Saturday, June 18, 2011

Get to Know Us

We thought it would be fun to answer a few questions for everyone to get to know us better.

Get to know Jennifer Billingsley

What role do you take on for the company? For Honeycomb Events & Design, I'd say I'm more of the "events" versus "design". When preparing for an event I'm the one that can be found with the sketch book and checklists galore. Jeff says I over-plan our events but I don't think that's possible. I do like design though especially when it comes to dessert tables or party decorations.
What’s it like working with your brother? It's actually amazing. Jeff is so talented and fun to work with and being siblings means that we often share the same brain. Who else would put up with me calling them 15 times a day harassing them about tiny details? Its a good thing I work with my brother, no one else would have me!
Where do you find inspiration for your designs? There is a lot of great stuff out in the party blogosphere but my best ideas come from fashion or designs in advertising and media.



What’s your “go to” drink at Starbucks? Right now it's skinny caramel macchiato.
What’s your favorite part about event planning? Invitations and everything about dessert and food tables. I love coordinating linens, backdrops and food presentation.
I wish they'd bring back... The honey latte from Starbucks.
If I could banish one thing from the earth it would be... Comic Sans! It's so overused (and cheesy).




Get to know Jeff Peabody


What role do you take on for the company? I'm basically the designer. Jennifer and I talk about themes, items of inspiration, colors, basically what this party should look like and then anything that needs to be created, I create them. Door signs, logos, printables, invitations, it's madness.
What is it like working with your sister? Believe it or not, it's great. We know how each other works and what she's good at I'm usually not, and vice versa. She's extremely organized and keeps me on track, which is incredibly helpful.
Where do you find inspiration for your designs? Well, there certainly isn't any lack of it. I really like vintage inspired tee shirts and I get a lot of ideas from fashion. I love old vacation and travel poster. The 50's and 60's were my kind of decades.
What's your "go to" drink at Starbucks? Tall, non-fat, no whip, mocha. At Christmas, make that a peppermint mocha.
What's your favorite part about event planning? When I get to try something new. It's fun when someone asks me if I can create something that I've never done before. My response is usually, "I've never heard of that before, I'll give it a try though."
I wish they'd bring back... Saturday morning cartoons, the good ones.
If I could banish one thing from the earth it would be... the Papyrus font. It's so overused with anyone that wants to get across vintage, herbal, Native American, eclectic. Please stop using it, it's everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PageList1